Filling your income tax return (ITR) is not a final step. After you fill ITR it is very important to verify your income tax return. If you not the complete the verification step then your ITR will not be processed by Income Tax Department and your ITR marked as invalid.
Earlier all income taxpayers need to send ITR-V (acknowledge form) to income tax department for complete the verification within 120 days of filling income tax return.
But now you can easily e-verify ITR within a minutes in three different ways is given below.
- EVC Through Net Banking
To verify income tax return online using net banking then first you need to generate EVC (Electronic Verification Code). Once you generate it will be sent to your mobile number and email id.
You can generate EVC code by following the below steps.
- Go to official website of income tax (https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home) and click on Registered User-Login here option.
- Click on the e-filling through net banking option and log in to your net banking account.
- Now go to My Account and click on generate EVC option. This code will be sent to your mobile number and email id.
- Select I have EVC already and enter your 11 digit code to verify ITR successfully.
- EVC Through Bank Account Number
Now you can also verify your ITR without login to net banking account. Simply follow the below steps to verify income tax return.
- The first step to login to your e-filling account.
- After logging click on My Account tab.
- Here click on Generate EVC option and select the generate EVC through bank account number.
- Select your bank account from a list of pre valid accounts.
- In case if your bank is not available then you can also add a new account by click on add button.
- Fill required details like bank name, account number, mobile number and IFSC code.
- Once you add the new account, generate EVC for it and simply submit this code.
- After submitting code you will see confirmation message of successfully e-verified.
- Verify Through Aadhar
To verify ITR through aadhar make sure your mobile number is linked to aadhar card. Simply follow the below steps to verify your income tax return.
- First login to your e-filling account using credential.
- Click on Aadhar OTP option to verify income tax return.
- Select I would like to generate Aadhar OTP now option.
- You will receive OTP to your mobile number, simply submit code to complete the verification process.
In case if none of these methods work for you then don’t worry you can also send a physical signed copy of ITR-V to income tax department via courier and verify your ITR.
I hope guys now you can easily verify your income tax return with the help of listed methods. If you have any question regarding income tax return e-verification then feel free to comment below.