You must have heard about the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY scheme) which was launched with much pomp and show in 2015 by the Indian Central Government.
Even since its launch in 2015, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY scheme) has been the talk of the town as people are expecting affordable housing solutions.
The PMAY scheme is a Government of India plan which is focused on offering affordable housing solutions to the urban. The mission of the scheme is to provide Housing for All by 2022.
Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY scheme), affordable houses are to be built in selected cities and towns all over India with eco-friendly construction methods.
Further, if anyone is able to get a home under the PMAY scheme, he/she can also avail the Credit-Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) as PMAY beneficiaries are eligible for interest subsidy if they apply for a Home Loan to buy or build a house.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY scheme) Features
- The subsidy rate of interest offered is 6.5% on Home Loans for a tenor of 15 years
- Senior citizens and differently abled people will be allotted homes on the ground floor for better mobility
- Eco-friendly and sustainable technologies to be used for the house construction
- The plan covers around 4041 towns in India with priorities given to 500 class I cities and is expected to be executed in 3 phases
- The CLSS scheme of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY scheme) is already active in all towns from the launch of the scheme itself
PMAY Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- Any household earning an annual income of between Rs.6 lakh and up to Rs.18 lakh are eligible to apply for the PMAY scheme. If you are married, you can also add your spouse’s income while applying
- Women applicants as long as they are Indian women can apply and no other demographics are to be considered any more
- The beneficiary of the scheme can only buy a new house to enjoy the plan benefits. People already having their homes are not eligible. No pucca house to be owned by the applicant looking to grab the PMAY scheme benefits
- The benefits of the scheme are applicable only to the new houses and are not applicable to already built houses
- People coming from LIG (Lower income groups) and EWS (Economically weaker section) sections can also apply
- Scheduled castes and tribes are also eligible
How to Apply for the PMAY Scheme Online
- Visit the PMAY website https://pmaymis.gov.in
- Under the Menu – find the – Citizen Assessment option
- Feed your 12 digit Aadhaar card number
- You will then be redirected to another page after entering the Aadhar card number
- You will then be asked to provide your income, personal details along with the current residential address and bank account details
- Feed all information in the application
- Click on the ‘I am aware of’ option and click on ‘save’ button at the end of the page
- After clicking on the ‘save’ option, you will get a system generated the number which you can use for future references
- Download and print the fully-filled application
- Submit the form at your closest CSC office and banks/lenders offices along with the relevant documents
The Bottom Line
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY scheme) is a handy plan to help all with affordable housing solutions. Assess your eligibility for PMAY and go ahead to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana right away! Good luck!