Mixing the concrete is not a tough job, but if you are a beginner then you must pay attention to the right technique which must be adopted in order to get the perfect consistency of the concrete. As a starter, you should pay more attention to the technique which is generally used here. You need to learn about the safety precautions that are undertaken during the entire process. Also, get details about the quality material which is actually required during the mixing.
Get The Perfect Consistency Of The Mixture With The Right Mixing Technique
You can use the ready-mix concrete as there are so many online stores that provide such a facility right at the construction site. You just have to add water to it to make it ready for the use.
- Pour the mixture right into the tub. Just add a small amount of water and try to work with the shovel. Now, you need to see whether the mixture is equally wet or not. If not, put the shovel in the mixture and try folding it over on itself. This way, the water will get distributed. Follow this process for a while.
- You can now continue to put a little amount of water such that the concrete gets wet in the right amount, not too little, not too much. Do you remember the consistency of a cookie dough prepared in your mother’s kitchen? You have to achieve that right here.
- To test if the perfect consistency has achieved or not, you can make the use of a knife. Cut a channel right through the upper layer of the concrete.
- You will feel the dryness of the concrete as it will break into small pieces. Here, you have to add water and then mix it.
- In case, it is wet too much, you need to add more concrete and stir after this.
- Using these tips you can easily attain the right thickness which is required in the concrete mix.
Tips On Proper Design And Safety
It is advised to follow certain precautionary measures during the mixing. They are listed as follows.
- While mixing the concrete, it is important to wear the protective face mask, gloves and eyewear. You have to make yourself safe from the dust as it can be bad for the eyes and other body parts.
- The concrete bags are generally very heavy. It gets difficult for a person to lift that up.
- So, when you are going to lift the cement bag, try to bend your knees and place it gently on your back.
- It is also recommended to wear long pants and a long-sleeved shirt. A black brace is also important.
Supplies Required Here
- Colouring agent(It is an optional product which generally used for the decoration purpose. So, it is up to you whether you want to use it or not)
- Tub(it is used to mix the concrete)
- Ready to mix concrete
- Black brace and protective gear( as mentioned above.)
It is advantageous to make use of ready to mix concrete and that is why it is getting popular in the construction industry everywhere. It is convenient, has better quality and is very economical. You need not worry about the delivery as it can be delivered where ever you want.
Also, there are so many companies that make available the ready-mix concrete at the doorstep. Such services are affordable as you need to talk to them thoroughly about the types of services that they provide. It is always advised to check the history of the company before you take services from them. Also, talk to their customers to get the necessary information about the quality of the concrete they offer.