As the floor and wall tiles get dirty with grease, soap scum, mold or even with dirt and same is the case for grout but now there is nothing to worry as cleaning tiles and grout is an easy task.
You can try four methods of cleaning tiles and grouts with household products as follows and make them look brand new.
Baking soda and vinegar
You are familiar with both agents’ vinegar and baking soda but in the kitchen but these two can also be used as floor cleaners. In the following steps, you can have cleaned tiles and grout with baking soda and vinegar
- Make a thick paste of baking soda and water by mixing the 3 parts of soda and 1 part of water and apply this paste to the grout lines of the floor with your fingers.
- Spray the solution of vinegar mixed with water on the grout lines where you have applied baking soda paste then you can see that natural cleaning process starts.
- Till the bubbling action of the vinegar and baking soda stops you should wait as it is the chemical cleaning process of your tiles.
- Use the nylon brush or even you can use a toothbrush to scrub out the grout lines and clean all the areas well
- The last step of this Duct and Tile Cleaning is to mop the floor with water so that you can remove the residues of vinegar and baking soda.
If your tiles are made up of natural stone then do not try this method as the vinegar is harmful to natural stone.
With this homemade cleaner, you can clean your floor tiles in the following steps
- Make the solution by dissolving 2 tablespoons of oxygenated bleach into 2 cups of water and mix it thoroughly to activate the bleach.
- Before starting the cleaning process test this bleach solution on the hidden corner as sometimes bleaching can discolor the tiles or grouts.
- If everything s ok after testing then pour the oxygen bleach onto grout and make sure you are applying this solution section wise so that you could not have the wet floor all around
- Then with the brush scrub the grout and clean them properly
- For increasing the cleaning power you can dip your brush in the oxygenated bleach powder and scrub on all stains.
- Clean the floor with water and dry it with towel or mop
Hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap
These three agents can do miracle when mixed together so clean your tiles with these three in following steps
- Make a paste by mixing ¾ cup baking soda, ¼ cup hydrogen peroxide, and 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap. Before applying this paste test it on the hidden corner as the chemical reaction of hydrogen peroxide can discolor the grouts.
- Apply this paste with the nylon brush on all grout lies and all around the edges for uniform and proper cleaning all around.
- After applying the paste wait for at least 15 minutes till the bubbling reaction stops
- Rise out the grouts with warm water so that all solution get removed
- With a clean rag wipe out the grout to make sure that no residue or dirt leftover after cleaning with water.
- Again mop the floor to have the brand new look of your floor
Steam cleaning is also an effective way to get clean tiles and grout as it can clean and sanitize tiles as there are no use of chemicals so with the following steps to get the clean floor
- Get the stem cleaning machine on rent or even if you want you can also buy it. Before starting the cleaning process make sure that cleaner has proper attachments like a steam hose, small brush for cleaning grout
- Assemble the steam cleaner as per the directions of the manufacturer and fill the steam cleaner
- Fill the reservoir with clean water
- Turn on the cleaner and allow it to heat up
- Move the cleaning brush front or back for cleaning the grouts and repeat the process to clean the entire floor
- Use a towel o mop to wipe out the excess moisture from the floor
If the above methods are not working for your tiles or grout cleaning then call for the professional Tile & Grout Cleaning Services in Melbourne so that you could have the proper cleaning all around.
Dandenong has the best tile and grout service, people
The tiles and grout at homes should not just be cleaned so that they look attractive. It has many more benefits, their long life also increases by keeping them clean. If dirt is laying there for a long period of time, it will slowly wreck the tile, no matter how strong it might be. The cleaning can be done by DIY methods, as well. But, the chances are that they won’t be as clean as they should be. Moreover, cleaning yourself is time-consuming, as well. It will take most of your time. Hence, I suggest calling for Tile and Grout Cleaning services in Dandenong, because no one can beat them in their work. The professionals have their own mechanisms of cleaning the tiles and grouts. There are many advantages of getting it cleaned by professionals. Let us glance at some of them:
The cleaning equipment is professional
While you do the cleaning of your house, you probably use a brush, or a sponge and other cleaning things. But, if you call upon the people from cleaning services, you will be surprised to see the products they possess. The equipment makes the work done in no time along with the cleaning which is up to the mark.
Ask them to clean your grouts properly
There are two ways if doing any work, one is right and the other one is wrong. The people who are skilled will take the right way and clean even the most stubborn stains out of your house.
Hence we have come to know the benfits of getting our premises cleaned by profesionals. I would again like to say, that better to call for services, rather than slogging in cleaning it on your own.