NAPLAN tests are used to assess the ability and the skillsof the students which will help the teachers to adapttheir classes according to it.
Also, based on the collective performance of the students from the particular school, parents can choose the right kind of school for their children.
NAPLAN test has a lot of advantages and the primary being the ability to tap into the talent of the children well in their initial stages.
The childrencan then be groomed according to the skillset they have which will enable tofocus and develop a clear roadmap for them.
It will be much easier for the teachers to help the students to understand the concepts better and focus on their talent by helping cultivate it from their small age.
Depending on the NAPLAN test, the children will be able to gain access tomore opportunities based on the passion and concentrate more towards it.
Though there are a lot of such advantages the NAPLAN test, the burden of the test falls on the children.
Children will be under a lot of pressure forced to perform well in the test. Tests are always scary for the children and a national one at that can be seen as a huge deal.
It is easy for the children to easily fret and get all wound up about the NAPLAN test.
But it is important that they keep their cool during the whole period of their preparation time for the NAPLAN test and especially during the official NAPLAN test lest they may end up getting all nervous which could affect their performance.
Tips to Keep Your Calm During Your Preparation for NAPLAN Test
- The first and foremost thing to do is to let go all the stress. It is, of course, easier said than done. But it is important to understand that the more you are stressed, the more you can really hurt your chances of giving a proper performance in the test.
- Take some NAPLAN practice tests beforehand and visit the previous year question papers so that you will know what to expect. You can download previous year question papers for free from websites like Subject Coach, Naplan Resources, or VCAA
- On the before the night of the test, avoid burning the midnight oil. It is understandable to feel under-prepared. But the last-minute, sleepless nights could spoil your total test altogether. So it is better to follow your normal schedule and get a good night’s sleep.
- Don’t ever skip breakfast on the day of the test. Have some light and healthy breakfast which will keep you alert and focused throughout the entire test.
- Before the starting of the test, sit down and countdown to fifty before you start. Watch your breath and keep it steady. This will help you to keep your cool and let you focus properly on the test at hand.
- Plan how you will allocate your time when you are attending the NAPLAN practice test. Don’t try anything new at the real test and follow the same allocation you had during your practice test.
- Finally, it is important to understand that this destination is just to show where your abilities lie and aren’t any sort of comparative scale to see who fares better and who fares less. Sink it in your mind that everyone has their own ability and you will give your test honestly to find out what your capabilities lie.
A piece of advice for the parents: Don’t force your children to score more in the examination. Let them be their own self which is the way the test should be attended to find what your child’s talent is.